Due to Federal, State and Local mandates to minimize the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus) the offices will be closed at the Shafter and the Wasco Memorial Parks for all non-essential contacts. Staff will be in the office to answer and return calls to schedule funeral services only. We ask that all contact be initiated by a phone call to the office.
- Arrangements - The offices are current closed, but staffed to answer questions. Only 2 healthy family representatives at the office at one time to pick out lots. Services will be scheduled by phone call and payments will made with a credit card only.
- Burial - No contact with the family will be allowed. We will place seating for 14 family members at the graveside. If more attend they must remain at a socially acceptable distance as defined by the cemetery. It is recommended that social distancing is used to protect the attendees. If the family wishes to see the committal, certain requirements must be met.
- Due to COVID restrictions, the customary dirt and other items will not be allowed to be placed on the casket. Each service will be limited to 30-45 minutes in length. We are asking that all attendees wear masks. No group music is being permitted. Limited music provided from the mortuary is acceptable. We are not allowing additional chairs, tables or canopies. Thank you for understanding.
- Preneed Payments - May be made over the phone by using a credit card. Cash and checks will not be accepted.
- All Federal, State and Local mandates will be followed to eliminate any contact and these mandates may change our requirements at any time.
- The Shafter and Wasco Cemetery grounds are open at this time.
- If you have any questions, please call the cemetery district office at 661-746-3921